I thought I could start a little random segment called Baby Insta, which shows my Instagram’s life. This will just include what I’ve posted on the app since the last time I showed it here. Unfortunately, at this time I cannot post videos to this blog, so if there are ever any of those, I will just insert their links when I list them. I very seldom record anything though, so for the most part it will only be my (slightly boring) photos! My very first photo was of my driving permit, which I will not include in this due to the fact that it has quite a few tidbits of personal info on it. My second was a photo of me that can be found by going to my very first introductory post. Now that we have gotten those out of the way!
Since I hardly ever post on Instagram anyway, I thought that I would just post each photo individually rather than making a collage or photo board.
Tada, my life in photos. Except not really at all.
I hope you’re all well!
Okay, guys. It seriously pains me to say this, but just like every other year summer will soon be ending and a new school year beginning. Yes, it’s a bummer, but it’s something all of us students have to accept! So why not go back feeling and looking fresh to death? (Wait.. You mean I’m actually not Lupe Fiasco? Okay, fine..) Anyway, I put together a little board of some of my fave backpacks that I’ve seen so far. (You can also check out this rad slide show from Teen Vogue!)
1. The Fates By Stolen Girlfriends Club Waves Backpack at Urban Outfitters, $155.00 – Personally, I find this one a little too pricey. However, I do really like the colors and unique design, and if you have the money, go for it! (p.s. on the UO website this is described as “an extra fab school bag”. Nice.)
2. BDG Lightweight Nylon Convertible Backpack at Urban Outfitters, $34.00 – I think this one is quite cute; I love the sweet color and pattern! I also have a backpack from BDG and can say that they are quite nice quality as well!
3. Studded Faux Leather Backpack at Go Jane, $50.60 – I love this! It reminds me of the one I currently use, and the fact that it is black and a leather-like material makes it easy to keep clean! (p.s. I got my back pack from UO last year, and unfortunately they don’t carry it anymore!)
4. Spacer Mini Backpack at Nasty Gal, $140.00 – Again, I personally would not spend that much on a bag. However, it’s nice to drool over! I love this funky little bag! Yes, little. The fact that it’s titled as a “mini” bag would concern me if I were to buy this for school. However, it’s still a cool option, and would be perfect used as more of a purse while out and about on foot or at a music festival!
5. Deena & Ozzy Vegan Leather Studded Square Backpack at Urban Outfitters, $39.00 – This is such a cute one; the color is the perfect shade and the studding detail really brings the backpack to a new level. I don’t know how to explain the way the material looks, but I think it would unfortunately stain easily! But that’s only a concern if you’re messy – like me! (p.s. this one is only described as “a fab school bag”. Ouch, UO!)
6. Watermelon Backpack at Nasty Gal, $60.00 – Sooooo cute! This is the perfect bag to subtly show that you’re still holding onto the summertime! It’s also perfect if you want to match with Ariana Grande (and I mean, who doesn’t want to match with Ariana Grande?). I love this backpack, and the price is almost unbeatable!
Learn in style, kids! Because you aren’t too cool for school. 😉
Hi hi! The last time I posted was the 3rd, which was 15 days ago. I’m sorry! I have recently been on vacation to Florida to visit family and spend some days on the beach. My dad’s family is in FL, so I’m definitely use to visiting at least once a year when we drive down. Although I do enjoy the fact that the 12 hour drive forces us to have some family time, I can’t say that I necessarily enjoy it. However, I did have a beautiful time and am now happy to say I am back home.
The beach that my family goes to isn’t the most fabulous, but that also means it is practically vacant and it’s a very special feeling to have an empty beach with only the seagulls and waves to keep you company. This year there was a large family staying at the same hotel and stayed on the beach with us, but I honestly didn’t mind. They seemed they were having fun and it’s always nice to be around people who are happy anyway. They also made for good entertainment with their football games and skim boarding. Anyway, I did get an instagram video of the ocean, which you can view by clicking here if you’re interested.
My original plan was to post a short message to you saying I would be away, but unfortunately and very inconveniently, my Internet connection went out 3 days before we left! I live (almost) in the middle of nowhere, so there aren’t many Internet providers that reach to our area. I had also planned on snapping a few outfit photos while I was gone, but that didn’t happen either! We didn’t go out as much as I thought we would, so most of the time I was in a bathing suit or cotton shorts and a tee shirt, neither of which are really blog worthy.
My mom and I did go to a shopping center one day though, and I only bought a couple things from Tilly’s. Tilly’s is a surf/skate shop sort of place, but also has pieces that are more sweet and feminine as well. Everything is super affordable, and the staff always seems especially nice. I bought one tank (which you can buy online here) and a headband that I can’t find on the website, but I’m sure will be featured in an outfit post.
My mom has recently been into documentation, especially in the form of photographs. Most of the time, it doesn’t really bother me, but I like to act like it does (I’M A T33N@G3R, OK). Somehow, between me yelling at her to stop taking photos of me, she captured this, which I actually really enjoy and am glad she managed to snap it.
With the summer soon coming to an end (my school’s start date is August 14th), I am planning on spending the rest of my time as a stress-free child lounging around and catching up on back to school shopping, keeping up with this baby blog, and whatever else my heart desires (to a very small extent..). I’m planning on browsing through some online shops today, so I expect I’ll have a wishlist posted later today or tomorrow.
I hope you’re all well and living a rich life!
Happy hump day! In my last post I had mentioned that I thought I would do more of a life/catch-up-with-me post soon, so here it is! If you’ve already had a look over this one, you’ll see that yes, I am still going to include some fashion bits, but that’s because a lot of my time is spent thinking and obsessing and going through fashion blogs, photos, etc. Also, I suppose now is the time for me to explain the title of “lunarstyle” and why I chose it. This explanation may be a bit rambly and I’ll probably add unneeded information so if you’re not into that sort of thing, you can skip to where the photos are below and pay attention to that part instead. OK, so! First off, I have a few words that are my favorites (doesn’t everyone?) such as delight, superior, blossom, etc. I had originally attempted to create a URL with the word delight, but everything that I tried and actually liked was already in use and the ones that weren’t already taken I honestly didn’t like that much. Also, I really enjoy the thought of naming a girl Luna (Lovegood?) so that word was in my mind as well. Eventually, thinking of the word luna transpired to lunar in my head. I typed lunarstyle in the box and it was not only available but I was also quite pleased with it. AND LUNARSTYLE WAS BORN!
If you’re still reading after going through that annoyingly long series of events you must really like me or something! Moving on, lunarstyle also has a meaning in my heart as well. Obviously, there are two separate words – lunar style. The “style” part is pretty self explanatory: I enjoy fashion quite a lot and that is what I was hoping this blog to have content about. Lunar, however, describes me almost to a tee. I’m sure you know the moon goes through phases. Personally, I have been trying for 16 years to figure myself out and I’m still struggling…a lot. I go through phase after phase after phase and even when I think I’ve finally settled on something, I feel completely different the next week and move onto the next interest, personality, etc. Yep, you guessed it! I’m a gemini. Seriously, there are two different people in my body. No, really, I’m serious. I apologize in advance.
With phases comes obsessions, at least for me anyway. If I’m not obsessed with something, I’m either bored or looking for something to obsess over. This isn’t always a good thing; something obsessions can be painful! Wanting something really bad but knowing you can’t have it is hard sometimes, ya know? Like this. Yeah, also this. Oh and definitely him. (Wait.. Are love potions real? I’m only asking out of curiosity…) Obsessions bring the feeling of longing-ness and discontentment and “I’m a TEENAGER okay my life is just HARD” and stuff.
I’ll get to the point. I have recently come across a new obsession (are you surprised?) and it is college! In August I’ll be going into my junior year of high school, which means I’m going to need to start visiting colleges and getting a feel for where I want to go. I’ll go ahead and say now that I hate high school, and when I say hate I mean I loathe high school. I’m okay with that though, and that’s only motivation for me to push through so I can have the time of my life in college. I’ve been spending days online researching different colleges and looking at all of my options. (“Um, you have two more years before college……why are you already looking?” I’ve heard millions of times. My answer to that- Don’t complain to me whenever you’re in a time crunch to research, visit, apply, and choose a college while I’m perfectly prepared and have my college situation under control. Good luck with the stress.) I’m planning on majoring in fashion merchandising in order to start a career as a stylist, and I was a little surprised with how few schools offer that program. I have a list of schools I’m looking into though, and I do have another year before I’ll need to start the application process so I have plenty of time to do my research.
I also write down a lot of the information about the schools I look at such as the location, total enrollment number, tuition cost, acceptance rate, and setting. But the truth is, I don’t even know what it really means to go to a school with 6,000 people compared to a school with 30,000 people or a college in a suburban setting versus one in an urban setting. I’ve lived in Kentucky my whole life and we’ve only ever vacationed to Florida in the summer, so I also don’t know what it’s like in an area with a climate like California’s or New York’s. Obviously, I’ll be doing some traveling this upcoming year and hopefully find somewhere I really like/really feel I’ll fit well into. Obviously, my style and how I dress is very important to me, and that is something I’ll have to consider when choosing where to live due to weather and temperature. So, with that train of thought, I have collected a few photos of college style or how I imagine myself in college. (And I imagine myself in college a lot; daydreams about walking around campus and studying peacefully in the library and whatnot. Is college actually that simple and glamorous? No, but I can still hope!)
*click through photos for source*
*Listed from top row to bottom row, from left to right*
- Audrey Hepburn. I couldn’t not add this classy woman. She is the epitome of a lady and I strive to be as beautiful of a person, inside and out, as she is. What a goddess!
- Ariana Grande. I don’t have a direct link for where the photo is found, so clicking on the name will take you to her instagram (which I do suggest having a look through!). She is a gorgeous lady, with a perfectly cute style to go along with her somewhat bashful, soft personality.
- Woman in red. I don’t have a link for this! Let me know if you have the original source and I will link it.
- Diagram for the classic French roll. I love the French roll! I have quite long hair though, so it’s tough for my to roll all of it and not look like I have a growth bulging from the back of my head. I especially love this diagram. The print below the illustration says “Classic French Roll – Different from the flatter French twist, this is a rounded put-up. Brush hair all to one side first and insert crisscross row of bobby pins as shown. Wrap hair back over pinned section, rolling ends smoothly inside. Fasten with hairpins.” And there you have it! Classic and chic.
- The Great Gastby (1974) – The Great Gatsby (2013). I do have to admit that I have not seen the 1974 film. However, I have read the book and also saw this year’s film in theatres. And let me tell you…it was magical! Everything you would ever hope for it to be. Whenever I read the book, I felt sort of lost/confused by the end. Its ending broke my heart and I didn’t understand the point of writing a book that doesn’t really seem to mean anything in the end. But, after breaking it apart bit by bit, I found that it is an incredible work and means so much more than what you see on the surface. It’s set in the 1920’s, and I’m sure we can all agree that those were very different times, of course. The relationships between people are what is so important and meaningful. It really portrays the distance that people kept from each other, the tight lips and confusing exchanges, and hidden situations. READ THE BOOK BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE! Seriously, do it. It’s really a very short book and the use of language is impeccable.
- Vintage Pink Tweed Coat. I love classic-style winter coats that flare at the hips; it’s flattering for any shape! The pink color of this one in particular is quite nice too, and I like the shoulder poofs as well.
- “It’s as true today as it ever was – he who seeks beauty will find it.” Bill Cunningham The link goes to his documentary on Hulu. I love him! And this quote. He said it while receiving an award (filmed in the documentary). He is a fashion photographer for NY Times, and I very very very strongly encourage you to watch the documentary! He’s the sweetest man and it’s so refreshing to see someone so passionate about fashion/their work.
- Vintage car wallpaper from shopruche.com. This is actually my computer wallpaper! It was a tough choice between all the nice ones on the Ruche website. I dream of having a nice, old-fashioned car like this one day.
Of course, I had to add a photo of myself before anything else. I feel much more connected to a person if I know what they look like, and I want this space to feel as intimate (without being creepy) as possible. And it especially bothers me if I can’t see someone’s display photo enlarged. Is that just me? Whatever.
Moving on, I’m Rebekah and this isn’t my first time trying blogging. I think this is my third attempt now…it’s kind of embarrassing how unable to commit I am. It’s difficult, considering that I’m a Gemini and have about an infinite amount of personalities. Just to warn you, I will without a doubt contradict myself at some point or another. I’m always changing my mind and feeling differently than I did just a moment ago. It’s a problem, really.
I have no set plans for this little slice of the internet. I really enjoy fashion and anything girly, but I don’t want to limit myself to only that either. I also think it’s healthy for me to talk about whatever I happen to be over-thinking at the time, and I tend to over-think a lot. I’m like a walking, talking cliffhanger; your guess is as good as mine about what’s going to happen next.